Aloha Brothers Surf Lessons:
Whether you're a beginner looking to stand up for the first time or already a surfer looking for an experienced instructor to take your skills to the next level, we would love to help!
You can't avoid falling in love with surfing, getting exercise outdoors and beautiful Southern California weather!
- All lessons include the surfboard and wetsuit at no extra charge
- Every lesson is 90 minutes (water time)
- Meet at 528, Rialto Ave, Venice and take a 3 min walk to beach
- Learn basic surf techniques: how to pop up correctly, understand positioning in the lineup, basic ocean safety and proper paddling, how to ride the wave, etc.
- 24 hour cancellation policy to receive a refund
- Gift certificates - you send the payment for # of lessons and we send you the printable JPG
- $85 per person for a standard group lesson (1 instructor for up to 3 people)
- $160 for a GUARANTEED one-on-one lesson (1 instructor for 1 person)
- $255 total for a private duo (1 instructor for 2 people)
- $375 for a 5-lesson package. Lessons for this package are only available M-F
Book Your Lesson
- Call 323-316-8108 or email
Kathy will book your lesson
- Know in advance the date and number of people you would like to book. We will provide the available times
Owner and Operator
I am 5th generation Portuguese-Hawaiian, born and raised on the island of O'ahu.
I was pushed into my first wave by former world surfing champion Fred Hemmings when I was around 5 or 6, and have been in love with the ocean ever since. Although I am definitely not a pro, I have been sponsored by a few companies over the years and I am very experienced.
I won a surf contest in Chile in 2003 and have appeared in a surf video put out by Ladera skateboards.
Surfing has dictated the direction of my life since "grommet-hood." I studied at UC Santa Cruz because of the school's proximity to quality surf. I studied linguistics in Chile because the country is known for its long, empty waves.
I took a year off and lived in Tahiti in order to improve my French, and surf powerful Polynesian barrels. I teach and translate languages online www.WestLALanguageTutor.com cause I can't bear to miss good waves working a 9-5 job.
I surf daily and have taught countless friends and friends of friends and their friends too over the years. I almost always manage to get them up and riding the very first time we go out. I can help any age and ability level. I am patient, easygoing, and kids love me. You will have an extremely hard time finding more qualified instructors in Southern California.
Huffington Post recommends lessons with Aloha Brothers as a nice "bougie" gift for you and your "sweetie" and that even if surfing isn't for you, you will have enough experience to make "East Coasters super jealous."
"Not only does Nick help you understand what you’re doing wrong, he is sure to let you know what you’re doing right." - CBS
Aloha Brothers featured on Telemundo teaching Miles, one of our youngest students!!! Check this kid out, he is gonna dominate in the years to come!!!
Click here for Thumbtack Surf Lessons website
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram
Copyright © 2010 Until the Wheels Fall Off. All Rights Reserved. Design: Artsteez